Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Audio Blog 4

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/305/the-this-american-life-holiday-spectacular
I choose act 2 out of this pod cast. It was interesting no doubt to hear of Christmas brushed down to it's bases and roots. The story is interesting in general as we look back on the origins of Christmas and how it came to be. It was most interesting when the narrator added in the story plot line (as far as I could tell) of "It's a Wonderful Life" to the political affairs of the Victorian ages. The narrator always kept it interesting never missing a beat and would take us further back in time. It was interesting to see his point of view on Christmas and how he thought about it. I liked how he wrapped it all up with his studio being on fire. He just casually spoke and gave pointers on keeping a healthy Christmas tree while you can hear the studio "burning" in the background. It made me laugh as I listened to his mellow yet sarcastic responses.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/299/back-from-the-dead
I choose the first act. I just found this to be interesting because I too, have my doubts about the safety of air travel. I have once in a while made scenarios of my untimely demise on a plane and so I instantly connected with the woman in the interview. The story was kept interesting by the alarm that kept being played continuously in the different interviewees voices as they described the events. I actually did a little resarch on this and found some insider footage from it from one of the interviewees http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vba7P8y28Wo This podcast really enticed me to finish even though I knew everyone got off safely because I wanted to hear from the people their views on everything, and that's what excited me to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment